Hello Hello

Saturday, October 24, 2015

alignment


Confession: my mind wanders quite a little bit when it should not. 

In a Sunday School class a few years ago. I completely lost the train of discussion chasing some rabbit of a thought. This happens often, nothing unusual about it.

However when I came back to awareness that particular day, one of my classmates was saying that every morning he prayed Psalm 118:24: This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

That resonated with me, and so every morning when I let the dogs out, I too step outside and greet the day. I consciously take a few moments to breathe, to take in the sky, to delight in the dim outlines of the dogs as they purposefully cruise the perimeter, greeting every bush and tree along the way. 

I enjoy doing this. It brings me great peace and (forgive the hippie language I'm about to use) makes me feel centered and still.

Yesterday when I stepped into the cool air and looked upward, I saw them immediately. Two planets, I knew not which but I recognized them as planets, beamed at me from above the house behind ours. 

And so when I came inside and had set the coffee on, I Googled up the answer: Venus, Mars and Jupiter all meet up in the last week of October to present the closest grouping of three planets until January of 2021. Look to the east just before dawn between October 24 and October 29 to see the planetary trio, which is formed when three planets come within 5 degrees of each other.  

Thus when I heard the dogs rise this morning just after 5 am, I bounded up and out, took an extra long time greeting the day, the dogs, and the planets. 

And I rejoiced and was glad in it.

Post a Comment