Hello Hello

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Ladybug, ladybug


I almost didn't go teach art after work today. I have been feeling... not OK the last few days, and so when another parent texted me this morning with a kind offer to lead art today, I readily agreed. Then I immediately backed down, saying if that parent could just come assist, I would be there. Then I promptly kicked myself for not letting go, not letting someone else do instead of me.

But if I had not taught art today, I wouldn't have been able to watch one of George's classmates make the above, seen him concentrate and still his body, repeatedly look to the example laybug, ink his finger and slowly press it down, heard him count one-two-three-four-five-six as he added dots. He wouldn't have brought me his card at the end to show me, and I wouldn't have seen that swarm of happy, yellow ladies all heading east.

And that would have been a shame, because those bugs bring me indescribable joy. So too those sweet kids.
Post a Comment