- Goodbye, DirecTV. Hello, Amazon Fire and Hulu. This has led to Daily Burn, old Survivor series, and an obsession with BBC programming, most notably "London Hospital", the non-continuance of which I cannot fathom.
- Goodbye, sweet maple in the backyard. It budded out but never grew leaves last spring. We finally had it taken down this past winter. We left a high stump on which we've set a wide dish of water and another of seed, and I'm delighted to say it is a very popular destination for the feathered set.
- Goodbye, Comp Rehab! My boy worked very hard and after four years finally achieved
world dominationboth his occupational and his physical therapy goals. I am beyond proud of him.
- Hello, Willie/Steamboat Willie/William! Joining us from the Rockingham County shelter came this fine beast, whose entire world is taken up with being a pesky younger brother to Pep and Salsa. He's terrified of thunder, clapping, and the cat.
- Goodbye, homeschooling. Hello, private school. We were ready to go one more year, a year past our original plan, when George suddenly announced he was ready. Woohoo! Huge! Awesome! However, while he is bright as a whip and a marvelous fun fellow, he is pretty "tic heavy" right now. There is not a regular middle school in the world where he would not feel the weight of stares and imitations, but cognitively he belongs in an academically sound environment. Thankfully we found a very small private school almost tailor made for him. He gets the school environment he craves with the classmates he needs. We feel good about this. No, we feel great.
- Goodbye, Stay-At-Home Lucy. Hello, working world. Private schools cost money. (Ha! Who knew?) We will enjoy this last summer as is, and come fall, I will attempt to reenter the formal workforce after a 16 year absence. Y'all still use typewriters and mimeographs, right?
Monday, June 16, 2014
I was looking back through some of the posts here, thinking about what I want to do now, and so many odd, little changes have happened over the last two years. Listed below are just a few.