Hello Hello

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Wanna be startin' somethin', Got to be startin' somethin'

Confession: in seventh grade the inside of my locker was adorned with a poster of Michael Jackson wearing a yellow sweater vest  over an all-white ensemble. The lettering or the floor or something backgroundish was gray, and so I described the poster as "the yellow and gray Michael" whenever someone asked me which locker was mine or which Michael poster I liked best or any question I could possibly answer in terms of Michael. How am I? I'm great, because I get to look at Michael in his sweater vest! Isn't he the cutest? I love him!

Later I was so ashamed of the fervency of my fan love for him that I banished not just Michael from my life but also the combination of yellow and gray. I literally could not see those colors together without remembering the poster and feeling vaguely anxious that someone might somehow look into my soul and read my shame. YOU! YOU LOVED MICHAEL JACKSON. YOU DAYDREAMED OF HIM IN HIS SWEATER VEST! I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES!

Y'all, it has been too long. I have processed my shame and while I cannot undo my tween crushing, I can take those colors back. To that end, today's new local etsy love features delightful items in that very palette. You can find them in the usual spot in the righthand column.

Only took me 28 years. Woooo! Give it up for healing!

Thank you for supporting local artisans.
Post a Comment