Hello Hello

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Local Rumor, Seemingly Confirmed

From Alert LiF Reader SH, both the rumor and the confirmation, a veritable bloggy hat trick!

I just wanted to pass along to you a bit of info that I learned yesterday and went to check on myself. NW Middle School off of Murray Rd has thousands of Chimney Sweeps (a type of bird) that swarm overhead at dusk and funnel (over the course of 30-45 minutes) into the chimney, happening right now.

I heard it from a friend who told me that it only happens for 2 weeks. I have no idea if that's true or if so, where we are in the 2 week time.

I can say though that my husband, me, and my 16 month old son went out after dinner last night to check it out and my son, whom you can imagine doesn't sit still much at this age, layed on the roof of the car for a good 20 minutes without moving a muscle. The birds were pretty cool to watch and small so they have a similar appearance to bats.


Anyone care to try to get a phonophoto?

Northwest Middle School
Post a Comment