Hello Hello

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Local I'll Bring the Chips!

The Ninth Annual Tomato Salsa Contest
Thursday, August 11, at 11:00 a.m.
Winston-Salem Downtown Farmers' Market
6th Street Between Cherry and Trade


Tomato Salsa judging will begin at 11:30 and winners will be announced at noon.

A cash prize and ribbon will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

For more information and to register, use the online form or call (336)724-2474.

Entrants can also send their name, address, e-mail and phone number to: Downtown Farmers’ Market Salsa Contest, c/o A.S. Garland Marketing/PR, 541-A Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.

Deadline for entry is Friday, August 5.

I note that the entry form calls for the name of one's salsa. I hereby volunteer to help name the salsa of any entrant, because boy howdy, could I rock at dubbing salsas. I do wish they hadn't limited it to tomato-based salsas, though, because I'd be even more rocktastic at naming alternative fruit-based salsas. Like... Fan the Flames of My Passionfruit Salsa! Or... Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana Salsa! Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Honeydew You Have Any Reason We Cantaloupe Salsa!

See???
Post a Comment