Hello Hello

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Local Important Local Issue

Oakwood and Stratford

Reason #47 to stay in school -- that's what I think everytime I see them, these people dressed up to advertise nearby businesses. Recently they are EVERYWHERE.

I'm used to the seasonal appearances of Lady Liberties (Liberty Tax Service, natch), but of late I've also spotted

1. a slew of metallicized peeps (advertising nearby gold buying services)

2. a sort of generic superhero representing a seemingly completely unrelated business, the type of which I can't recall nevermind the actual business name (as the oldest would say, "epic fail")

and

3. the poor fellow shown above, who is wearing what I believe to be the soggiest-looking fabric bagel ever in an attempt to lure the populace into Bruegger's Bagel Bakery.

Y'all, we need to either kibosh this trend or improve this trend, because hi, we have umpteen former and current costume design students (UNCSA) in this town, and these costumes are not representin'.
Post a Comment