Hello Hello

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The End

Have you ever been to a resort? Not just the beach, but a real resort, where there are no locals, just happy vacationers and polished staff helping the guests have the time of their lives?

When you first arrive there's this moment when you fully exhale and realize how incredibly removed from your day-to-day stressors you are. Your shoulders relax and your face relaxes, and you enter a sort of carefree unawareness of time. It's positively transforming. And that feeling lasts pretty much the whole time.

But then comes the last day, and you have to check out. So you carry your bags, or at least the carry-ons, past the pool where the other vacationers are still frolicking, oblivious to your departure, to the end of your carefreeness. And even as you're settling the bill at the counter, you are watching new vacationers arrive at the resort, and you're seeing them do that deep inhale and full exhale and watching their shoulders relax, and you feel wistful because you're not doing that anymore, your time is over, at least until the next time you vacation.

That's how I feel, like I have to leave the resort, at least for the foreseeable future. And I'm sad.

As some of you know and some of you have probably guessed, I have some ooky medical stuff going on, a tad more serious than I had hoped. I need to go deal with this and hoard the diminished energy I have for my sweet family. (Plus, hi? How many boring phonophotos of boring waiting rooms are you really interested in seeing?)

I'm very hopeful that I'll be all a-mend soon and able to return to Shangri-Winston tout de suite.

In the meantime, enjoy the pool*, enjoy the sand**, and remember to tip your cabana attendants well***.

I'll miss you.

Best,
Lucy

* insert your favorite local manmade venue here

** insert your favorite local natural attraction here

*** SHOP LOCAL!
Post a Comment