Hello Hello

Friday, January 07, 2011

SQUEEEEEEEE!

The 2nd annual Winter Miniatures Show returns to the Community Arts Café on Friday, January 21st with an exhibit of juried 2-D and 3-D miniature art works from artists around the Triad.

The exhibit will formally open with a reception on Wednesday, January 26th from 5:30pm to 8:00pm in the Conference Room Gallery in the lower level of Commerce Plaza.

Clark Whittington, miniature art expert and founder of the Art-O-Mat, will judge the show and present a ‘Best In Show’ and two merit awards at 7:00pm during the reception.

The exhibit and reception are FREE and open to the public, and will be on display through Sunday, March 13th, 2011.

-----

Do you have ANY idea how giddy this makes me? I LOVELOVELOVE SMALL! I am all about highly detailed dollhouses and lockets with pictures inside, I carry a miniature bottle of Texas Pete in my purse, and I have a special affinity for Mitsukoshi, the Japanese store in Epcot, because wowsers, do the Japanese shrink things amazingly. (This last trip I bought the oldest this tiny set of colored pencils each no bigger than a wooden match. Esbette made a sound that was part squeal/part whimper when she saw them. She squimpered.)

I'm TOTALLY going to this. Someone stand nearby in case I take faint!


Community Arts Café
Art-O-Mat
Post a Comment