Hello Hello

Friday, January 14, 2011

Phonophoto of the day

... And we're back at Skatehaven, the weekend destination of choice for many local middle schoolers. However, brace yourself --- this time I forwent the skates and sat demurely at an out-of-the-way table chatting with the parents of some of his friends.

Whaaaat?
you ask, in shock. How can this be! But... but... you were the greatest roller skater on your cul-de-sac! NAY, on any cul-de-sac in Washington, DC in the last days of Charlie's Angels!

Ah, yes, that is true, my friends, but last Sunday morning I woke up unable to bend my knees without fierce pains shooting through them. I walked like the bandiest gaucho for three days. And while normally that wouldn't be a problem, it makes navigating huge swaths of ice akin to riding an angry buffalo, which is to say "hard to do safely".

Accordingly I believe I'll be a seasonal skater from here on out.
Post a Comment