Hello Hello

Monday, January 24, 2011

BYOB (book)

It would be hard for me to choose what to read. I think I'd end up with Nella Larsen's Passing, a book that, when I read it in college, blew my mind as well as those of my classmates.

I stumbled around for weeks, demanding of everyone, "Have you read this book? You need to," because I wanted to discuss it, needed to discuss it, for a long time.

It still blows my mind, just thinking about it now.

Reynolda House Museum of American Art
invites you to a
Read-In
in celebration of
Black History Month
Tuesday, February 1
noon- 1 PM

In a world-wide event, the public is invited to share favorite passages from the writings of contemporary or historical black authors. The event is FREE. Participants are welcome to bring a bag lunch to enjoy.


Reynolda House
Post a Comment