Hello Hello

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Phonophoto of the day

The youngest made it last weekend without my knowing. Drew it, tore the edges to give it a leafy look, stood on one of the dining room chairs and taped it up.

Only then did he announce, "Mistletoe, Mommy. I'm standing right under it." Smothering a smile full of mischief and hope.

And so the last week he's periodically gone to stand underneath it when he feels frustrated or low, when he's hoping someone who loves him will pretend to catch him unaware and bestow a kiss.

Tonight Life in Forsyth will go dark. No new content for a week or so. Instead I'll turn off the computer and spend a little time under the figurative mistletoe by surrounding myself with my little, loved family.

Merry Christmas to all of you. I'll see y'all around New Year's.

xxoo,
Esbee
Post a Comment