Hello Hello

Monday, December 13, 2010

Local Faith in Humanity Rewarded

Y'all.

So yesterday afternoon I was at Home Depot to buy sand for the oldest's middle school science teacher for an upcoming lab. And the man in front of me at the outdoor checkout had on this amazing, obviously handknit hat. It was cream. Or maybe green? Anyway, it had this sort of mohawk in a contrasting color yarn, which clearly makes it a kablillion times more majestic than its merely pompomed brethren. And of course I started swooning madly, physically and verbally, and this jolly, bearded fellow offers up that his wife - here's the little missus now - makes them and sells them and just sold a slew at Krankies holiday market, in fact.

And so I handed over cash and contact information to a perfect stranger. And TODAY, mind you less than 24 hours after I laid eyes on her, this awesomeness was on my front porch.

And now it's on his head, and I'm not sure it's ever going to come off.

THIS IS SPARTA! I mean THANK YOU, RACHEL!

(PS: If you are craving such a hat for yourself, you should email me and I'll put you in touch. You pick the colors, though clearly the Spartan combo is the favorite of local future historians.)
Post a Comment