Hello Hello

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shop Local


Today's gift: a mug with a message!

We all know her - the woman who relentlessly volunteers. For school! Church! Scouts! Fundraisers! Sports! Some of us quite possibly are her*! Give her the gift of negative affirmation with this handy mug! She'll have can't do it with her coffee, terribly sorry with her tea, otherwise engaged with her Ovaltine!

$8.99 each at The Golden Apple, 3458 Robinhood Rd, Winston-Salem


* OK, this sentence bothers me terribly. It calls for a predicate nominative, but some of us are she makes my skin crawl because of the plural-to-singular irregularity. We are her is doubly wrong, but I'm hoping that much like Spanish (or multiplying a negative number by another negative number), the doubleness kinda sorta cancels itself out.

I wish I had that former editor fella on speed dial. The grammarian, yes. Him.
Post a Comment