Hello Hello

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Phonophoto of the day

There were chocolate-dipped strawberries on my bedtray this morning. Also bacon. Croissants. Really strong coffee.

After the hugs and cards were shared and the children had decamped to play with Legos, I thought about how I should have been calling my own mom right then. I can't, of course, and that impossibility threatened to park a little cloud over the day, a la Eeyore. But when I opened my inbox it was to find the kindest email from a stranger whose mother is battling the same incredibly rare cancer my mother fought. It read in part:
My heart is with you this Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to you and to the wonderful memories of your own Mom.

I know I will learn some lessons about life and myself through this process.

Searching the web and landing on your sight is part of that journey and today I will greet the day knowing another soul, "gets it". That helps a little bit.
And I cannot explain how much that email meant to me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of us.
Post a Comment