Hello Hello

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spa + Ghetti

We're debating the middle school language choice at our house currently. The oldest is kind of interested in Latin, kind of interested in Spanish. I started with Latin, then studied Spanish and French (with two years of Attic Greek thrown in for good measure), so Latin seems like the logical language with which to start to me, but my husband deems Spanish more practical. In day-to-day terms, of course, he's right, but as I pointed out, learning Latin word roots comes in handy come S.A.T. time.

Only now I'm sitting here wondering about the word spaghetti. Sincerely if I was unfamiliar with the word, and it came at me on a test, I'd think it was some sort of holistic slum. You know, in the Latin masculine plural. Spaghettus, spaghetti.

Dios Mio.

Families Helping Families
First Ever
Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
$5 Adults/ $3 Children
Monday, March 22, 2010
Ardmore Moravian Church
Hawthorne & Academy
5:30 - 8 PM
CASH ONLY

Live music, raffle, kids' crafts! Everybody needs a helping hand sometimes... Please come out and support a local family through their tough time.


Ardmore Moravian Church
Post a Comment