Hello Hello

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

hippo.hippo

Ode to the hippopotamus!
I wish there was one for each of us
But you. I love you so, you see,
You deserve two hippopotami.

And there it is, a translation of the poem I wrote for a French class in college that spawned my email address. Years later, I realized it's rather a knockoff of one by Ogden Nash, which isn't surprising considering how much of my childhood was spent listening to my father read Nash's funny, little poems aloud.
-----

The Community Arts Café will open the exhibit, POETIC EXPRESSIONS, on Thursday, March 25th from 5:30PM to 8PM at the Gallery of the Arts, 411 West Fourth Street. The show will run through the month of April in conjunction with National Poetry month. Both the opening reception and exhibit are FREE and open to the public.

POETIC EXPRESSIONS is an exhibit of creatively blended poetry and visual art from artists around the Triad area. The artists were invited to submit visual art works integrating some form of poetry or being distinctly inspired by a poem, which would also accompany the work. Original poems inspired by an original works could also be submitted as a pair. Artists had the option to work independently or in partnership with another poet, with the encouragement to partner with local poets.


Gallery of the Arts
Post a Comment