Hello Hello

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Buena Vista Garden, by Yarddawg

VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER

Greetings LIFer’s from the frozen tundra of Buena Vista. I don’t know about you but the recent frozen wet stuff has led me to say SnoThankYou or SnoMore please. It has not been a good time for grown ups to be “out” if you know what I mean.

So, instead of boring you with gardening stuff you’re not going to do until it warms up some, let me tell you a little story. Our beloved Sally, remember Sally?, was outside taking care of business the other day, when I noticed she was hanging around and suspected she was grazing (she’ll eat about anything) on some Burford Holly berries that had fallen on he ground. I quickly got her inside and wondered if holly berries were harmful to dogs. I Googled “are holly berries poisonous to dogs”. Sure enough a couple of hours later her berry feast was vomited up … several times. Sally is fine and she doesn’t seem to be interested in anymore berries... for now anyway.

Certain parts of landscape and vegetable plants we enjoy are not good for pets or humans to eat. So here’s a handy primer from the ASPCA on Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants to keep your pets safe and healthy.
- Yarddawg
Post a Comment