Hello Hello

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Local Guest Post

Remember this post?

Local Groomer Update, by Esbette

Grooming update!

After perusing the recommendations of the great readers of LiF we made a few calls and decided to make an appointment for the dogs at Groomingdales, on Country Club Road. I have lived here for more than half of my life, and had passed this establishment more times than I can count, but since I didn’t have Dexter until I went to grad school, there was never a need for a groomer. All I have to say is… THANK YOU to whomever it was that recommended them!

Dexter enjoys his “free-spirited” trampy look, so he only needed a bath and his nails trimmed (a task that after countless tries, I have determined I CANNOT do on my own.) Background on Dexter for those who do not keep up with his blog- Dex is a serious mama’s boy, has some anxiety issues, and can be a spaz. With that said, and I warned them when I dropped him off that he may not be a willing participant, but when I picked them up his nails were trimmed, he was clean, and somehow they even got him to sport a bandana. I hardly recognized my own dog and his complacency! Kudos Groomingdales!

As for Lady, she was in for the works: bath, nails trimmed and de-teddy bearing. As you can see from the photos they did a wonderful job. She is a pure-bred cocker, but we had no need for an actual cocker cut. She now has a new outlook on life! The cut makes her look like a puppy again and with the loss of all the fur she has the energy to keep up with Dexter’s shenanigans! (We probably shouldn’t credit that all to a haircut, but Groomingdales did such a good job I am happy to give it to them.)

They completed the job quickly, calling me a full hour before I was originally told they would be done and the price was beyond reasonable. I can guarantee that next time Dexter needs his nails trimmed and Lady decides she wants to look like a dog and not Fozzie Bear, we will be taking them back to the nice people at Groomingdales!

Contact info for Groomindales:

Website- http://groomingdalesacutabove.com/ (no info except for phone number)

3910 Country Club Rd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
(336) 768-3645
-Esbette

Post a Comment