I took both boys up. We covered everything on everyone's "wanna" lists:
- See the baby panda before he leaves for China (youngest)
- Say hi to Abe (oldest)
- Visit my mother (me)
- See the Eternal Flame at JFK's gravesite (youngest)
- Watch the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (oldest)
- Buy a grotesque at the Cathedral (me)
- See some old money (youngest)
- See the settlers' bones exhibit (oldest)
- Introduce the boys to empanadas (me)
- Flatten some pennies (youngest)
- Go to a friend's party (oldest)
- Eat pizza bianco from Listrani's (me)
Shown at right is the closest thing I could find to a local reference. Unfortunately, the nearest I could get was one county over. That said, this Cone reference was part of a fantastic exhibit detailing how different groups (traveling peddlers, women, Jewish folk, African Americans) struggled in the South.
DC is a mere six hours away by car. One tank, if you drive a Honda. Get thee there.