Hello Hello

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brief notes from DC

The youngest was appalled to learn (via the Museum of American History) that the original homage to his favorite President was, as he succinctly put it, "almost nakey".

I took both boys up. We covered everything on everyone's "wanna" lists:
  • See the baby panda before he leaves for China (youngest)
  • Say hi to Abe (oldest)
  • Visit my mother (me)
  • See the Eternal Flame at JFK's gravesite (youngest)
  • Watch the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (oldest)
  • Buy a grotesque at the Cathedral (me)
  • See some old money (youngest)
  • See the settlers' bones exhibit (oldest)
  • Introduce the boys to empanadas (me)
  • Flatten some pennies (youngest)
  • Go to a friend's party (oldest)
  • Eat pizza bianco from Listrani's (me)

Shown at right is the closest thing I could find to a local reference. Unfortunately, the nearest I could get was one county over. That said, this Cone reference was part of a fantastic exhibit detailing how different groups (traveling peddlers, women, Jewish folk, African Americans) struggled in the South.


DC is a mere six hours away by car. One tank, if you drive a Honda. Get thee there.
Post a Comment