Tomorrow, have supplies on hand and tell them to do this:
Contest Deadline Draws Near for Piedmont Parent’s Young Authors Contest
The Young Authors Contest gives children in grades K-8 the opportunity to write and illustrate an original storybook for a chance to win prizes and have their work featured in the magazine. The contest deadline is Friday, Nov. 13. The contest is perfect for children who love to write, draw or tell stories.
Children in grades K-8 may submit a book within the following guidelines:
- Hand write and illustrate an original storybook appropriate for a child 4 to 8 years old
- 20 pages maximum (no computer media accepted)
- Staple, stitch, bind, clip or insert into a folder
- Include a title page: Book Title, Author’s Name, Address, Phone, E-mail, Grade and School
- For complete rules and drop-off locations, visit www.piedmontparent.com/Events/YoungAuthor
Winners will be featured in the January 2010 issue of Piedmont Parent and are encouraged to give a reading of their work at the reception.
For further information please contact Piedmont Parent magazine at 336-983-4789 or e-mail email@example.com.
Piedmont Parent Magazine
Children's Museum of Winston-Salem