Hello Hello

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bippity Boppity Boo, Nice to Be Back with You

Note small, happy feet in hammock

I'm back! We skedaddled down to Orlando for some restorative Disney magic. It worked; we all feel much better, including the children who hadn't the foggiest idea they were even going.

(We lied* and told them my husband had an unexpected, unavoidable business trip to a small town called Pig Hill, Georgia, a town so swampy that to get to it necessitated our driving south into Florida, heading west, then doubling back north into Georgia.

I wish you all could have been there last Saturday night when I told them to stop watching their movie for a minute and hold their breath** because we were finally crossing back into Georgia. You would have seen their eyes light up when instead we drove underneath the huge Welcome to Walt Disney World banner, both of them still holding their breath, scared to exhale and be wrong. It was puppy-under-the-Christmas-tree fantastic.)

Anyway, missed you all. Off to sleep like a dead woman now.

* Yes, I am fully aware that this makes me an awful person.

** This is something we do on road trips when we cross state lines. No idea why, but I grew up doing it all the way to Maine, so there you go.
Post a Comment