Hello Hello

Friday, October 23, 2009

NEW CONTEST: In Retrospect

... And now my eyes have betrayed me. Once upon a time, I was the possessor of perfect vision. This made me happy.

Recently I've found myself holding menus and other printed items at arm's length in a futile attempt to bring them into focus. Alas, my eyes have outgrown my arms, and now the only thing perfect about my vision is my 20/20 hindsight.

Hey, how's your hindsight?

Your mission: We've had some great photo contests here, haven't we? Pick one (or three) previous LiF photo contests you didn't win. Submit the photo you should have taken, the one you could have sent in, the one that would have won. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

The previous LiF photo contests:
Please specify in which contest your entry would've been a contender.

Specifics:
  • ALL PHOTOS MUST BE ORIGINAL WORKS.
  • You MAY enter more than one photo.
  • Email me the photo(s), and I will upload it/them to this post so all can enjoy.
  • This time, you MAY NOT submit a previously submitted, non-accoladed photo. It would completely miss the point, yanno?
  • Your entry constitutes a one time use grant (two if you garner judge praise). You retain ownership of your work.
  • You are solely responsible for any damages arising from your entry, as well as any tax concerns should you win.
  • Entries deemed as inappropriate by yours truly will not be considered.
  • Do not add a signature or watermark to your photo.
  • Contest entries must be received by 5 pm EST on Friday, October 30th 2009.

Judging:
An esteemed judge (or two) with splendid hindsight will select one winner. Not the only consideration: photographic skill. Your entry will be judged solely on that intangible quality we call je ne sais quoi. (That's a fancy way of saying "Whichever wind blows the judge's skirt up.")

Prize:
A $10 giftcard to Barnes & Noble, purveyor of books I can no longer read without glasses.

GOOD LUCK, Y'ALL!
my phonophoto: Reading glasses. Mine. I feel like Methuselah.

Entries:

Local Grays



Local Pinks




Local Oranges







Local Fuzzies


Local Blues:




Local Feet:

Local Looking Down:





Local Circles:



Local Toys:


Local Yum:

Post a Comment