Still. Even today.
Technically, I am a grownup, of course, but the world still feels open to me, ripe with possibility.
Obviously some doors have been shut; I'll never fulfill the three-prong career plan I came up with when I was in the fourth grade (flight attendant, attorney, and Charlie's Angel).
But generally, I still feel like a kid in many, many ways.
And I still love me some toys. Boy howdy, do I. (Just not when I step barefoot on Lego.)
Bring us all back to the brink of childhood, in the form of a photo (or three) of toy(s) or game(s) or related paraphernalia taken here in fabulous Forsyth County.
- ALL PHOTOS MUST BE ORIGINAL WORKS.
- You MAY enter more than one photo.
- Email me the photo(s), and I will upload it/them to this post so all can enjoy.
- You MAY submit a previously submitted, non-accoladed photo.
- Your entry constitutes a one time use grant (two if you garner judge praise). You retain ownership of your work.
- You are solely responsible for any damages arising from your entry, as well as any tax concerns should you win.
- Entries deemed as inappropriate by yours truly will not be considered.
- Do not add a signature or watermark to your photo.
- Contest entries must be received by 5 pm EST on Friday, September 25th 2009.
An esteemed AND VERY PLAYFUL judge or two will select one winner. Not a consideration: photographic skill. Your entry will be judged solely on that intangible quality we call je ne sais quoi. (That's a fancy way of saying "Whichever wind blows the judge's skirt up.")
A $10 giftcard to Toys "R" Us.
GOOD LUCK, Y'ALL!
my photo: the youngest attempting to play with one of the toys embedded in the wall outside the Clark Campbell Transportation Center