Hello Hello

Friday, September 18, 2009

NEW CONTEST: Playtime

I often think in terms of what I'd like to do when I grow up.

Still. Even today.

Technically, I am a grownup, of course, but the world still feels open to me, ripe with possibility.

Obviously some doors have been shut; I'll never fulfill the three-prong career plan I came up with when I was in the fourth grade (flight attendant, attorney, and Charlie's Angel).

But generally, I still feel like a kid in many, many ways.

And I still love me some toys. Boy howdy, do I. (Just not when I step barefoot on Lego.)

Your mission:
Bring us all back to the brink of childhood, in the form of a photo (or three) of toy(s) or game(s) or related paraphernalia taken here in fabulous Forsyth County.

Specifics:
  • ALL PHOTOS MUST BE ORIGINAL WORKS.
  • You MAY enter more than one photo.
  • Email me the photo(s), and I will upload it/them to this post so all can enjoy.
  • You MAY submit a previously submitted, non-accoladed photo.
  • Your entry constitutes a one time use grant (two if you garner judge praise). You retain ownership of your work.
  • You are solely responsible for any damages arising from your entry, as well as any tax concerns should you win.
  • Entries deemed as inappropriate by yours truly will not be considered.
  • Do not add a signature or watermark to your photo.
  • Contest entries must be received by 5 pm EST on Friday, September 25th 2009.
Judging:
An esteemed AND VERY PLAYFUL judge or two will select one winner. Not a consideration: photographic skill. Your entry will be judged solely on that intangible quality we call je ne sais quoi. (That's a fancy way of saying "Whichever wind blows the judge's skirt up.")

Prize:
A $10 giftcard to Toys "R" Us.

GOOD LUCK, Y'ALL!

my photo: the youngest attempting to play with one of the toys embedded in the wall outside the Clark Campbell Transportation Center

Entries:




















Post a Comment