Hello Hello

Thursday, July 23, 2009

And how

I rarely cry in the children's section of bookstores. In fact it's happened on exactly one occasion, some years ago, when I casually picked up a book by Jamie Lee Curtis to thumb through it and see if she could really write.

It was the book at right, Tell Me Again About The Night I Was Born, about how her adopted daughter joined her family. One page said, and this has stuck with me ever since, "Tell me again how the phone rang in the middle of the night and they told you I was born. Tell me again how you screamed."

And right there in the bookstore, I suddenly went completely teary.

Yes, she can write. And how.
-----

Christian Adoption Services, Inc. invites you to a free domestic adoption informational meeting Thursday, July 30th, from 7-9 pm at Calvary Baptist Church, 5000 Country Club Road.

Please RSVP to Christian Adoption Services at 704-847-0038 or CAS@christianadopt.org

Christian Adoption Services, Inc.
Calvary Baptist Church
Post a Comment