Hello Hello

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NOW HERE: Local Investigative Report: Pickle!

LC has promised to do some local sleuthing on this surprising culinary offering at The Grand Theatre when she goes to the movies later today. I noticed this option last week but was too stunned to react beyond taking this phonophoto. I'm hoping LC will, in my stead, have the following questions answered:

1. Are these Mt. Olive pickles?

2. Are they individually wrapped?

3. Refrigerated? Or room temp?

4. Do they just hand them to you with the tongs? Or do they have special pickle serving trays?

5. How big is a $2 pickle?

6. What is the pickle demand like here in Winston-Salem?

LET NO ONE EVER AGAIN LOOK ASKANCE AT MY BLOG AND ACCUSE ME OF NOT COVERING THE IMPORTANT ISSUES.
-----

UPDATE, 7 PM: PICKLE SCOOP, BROUGHT TO YOU IN PICKLEVISION:

Ok, Here's the lowdown on the pickle investigation at The Grand:

1. No they are not Mt. Olive Brand pickles

2. Yes, they are individually wrapped (for your freshness pleasure)

3. They are served chilled in the countertop refrigeration unit and stored right next to the bottled water

4. Along with the pickle, they also gave me a plastic cup. I am not sure if this cup was supposed to be for the pickle or the bottled water _____ ordered. My guess is that it was for the pickle as we have never gotten a plastic cup when ordering bottled water in the past.

5. The package says one serving is 1/9 of the whole pickle (which is a total of 9 oz). I didn't have 8 other friends to share it with nor do I think I would share it amongst 8 other friends. This is not a game of "pass the pickle" is it??

6. Upon questioning the concession stand attendant, his response was that the pickles were not a very popular item. He says he may only sell one pickle every 3 months or so. The date stamp on my pickle says it is "best by 12/09" which leads me to believe these pickles must come in very small quantities with a long shelf life.

And LC attached this VERY TROUBLING PHOTO (brace yourself)...

Thank you, LC, for all your hard work. You are indeed a worthy citizen!
Post a Comment