Hello Hello

Friday, December 19, 2008

Rhymes with Toga

Free Yoga Classes for beginners

Join us for a yoga class designed just for people who are new to yoga. You will practice yoga poses, breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation techniques. See how yoga can change your life. For teens and adults. Registration is requested: call or email us.

These classes will be taught by Beth Abernathy who is nearing the completion of her 330-hour teacher training program.

Monday, December 29 @ 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Friday, January 2 @ 6:00 - 7:30 pm

Sunrise Yoga

-----
I have been to a yoga studio (not this one) exactly one time. Slender women waited peacefully and barefoot inside, their faces smooth, their voices low murmurs. I opened the outer door, tripped on the doorstep, fell into the room, and apologized in a voice that was noticeably too loud and too urgent. I felt awkward, overlarge, and beyond bumbling. The women stared at me coolly, then returned to their conversations and ignored me utterly, for which I was surprisingly grateful once I realized my body would not do what their bodies would, would not bend gracefully, would not stay in a position without quivering like jello. When the class ended, I fled.
Post a Comment