The Winston-Salem Regional Office provides benefits and services in all program areas to veterans, servicepersons and reservists residing in North Carolina.
North Carolina ranks ninth in veteran population.
Service Organizations located at the Winston-Salem Regional Office:
- American Legion (AL)
- American Veterans of World War II, Korea and Vietnam (AMVETS)
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH)
- NC Division of Veterans Affairs (NCDVA)
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
Winston-Salem Regional Office, United States Department of Veterans Affairs
at right: The youngest shows off his Tough Guy Face while wearing a very old US Navy flat hat. My late father served in the US Navy during WWII (Pacific). He liked to joke that it took him 8 years to get through college: 2 years at Duke, 4 years at war, 2 years back at Duke.