Hello Hello

Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Honey?"

"M-hm." My husband continues poking around the fridge, not looking at me.

"I'm afraid I have good news and bad news."

"Yeees?" Now he looks up.

"So they've issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Winston-Salem. Also a Tornado Watch."

"I take it that's the bad news. And the good?"

"It hasn't started raining yet, so if you hurry, I think you still have time to grill me a delicious steak dinner! Isn't that awesome?" I beam.

My husband's jaw drops. "You have no shame, you know."

"M-hm. Honey, I'd love to explore that further, but you really need to hurry."

"So I'm not cooking you a delicious steak dinner in a severe thunderstorm, you mean. Or a tornado."

"Puh! Because I love you, so I want you to be safe!"

He laughs, then begins the marinade.

NOAA forecast for Winston-Salem
Post a Comment