Hello Hello

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day One of I Will Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

Feast your eyes on Pep, aka The Canine Trashcan, The Vole Assassin, The Sleeping Princess.

Pep is a sweet dog, but wow, she lives up to her name. She jumps like a kangaroo. She darts like a tadpole. She runs like a gazelle. Unfortunately her high octane energy means walking her translates to being yanked in every direction at a run. So usually I just take Salsa places. It's frankly easier.

Today, I decided that needs to change. Hardcore dogwalking training has commenced. She did great for Day One. By the end of the walk, she was walking next to me and not choking herself to bits by pulling. Both of my arms are still in their sockets.

So tomorrow we will walk again. And the next day. And so on. And so forth. Until she too is fit for Reynolda Gardens, for Salem Lake, for Downtown.

Of course if this doesn't work, there's always Pet University sponsored by Furever Friends.
Post a Comment