Volunteer to help at the Friends of the Central Library Book Sale.
We need your help to organize thousands of items and work the sale. This sale is vital to our continued support of the many and diverse programs at the Central Library. Please contact us to volunteer. An hour or two from you will make a huge difference in the sale's outcome!
We have openings for volunteers on:
- Wednesday, May 28 from 12 noon to 6:00 pm (organizing & sorting)
- Thursday, May 29 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (organizing & sorting)
- Thursday, May 29 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Friends' Preview Sale)
- Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Sale)
- Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sale)
- Monday, June 2 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Clean-up)
[A FOCL board member will be working at every shift.]
As a thank you to our volunteers, you may choose three free regularly-priced items from our huge inventory (see below for details). Additionally, if you are able to help with clean-up from the sale on Monday, June 2 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, you can pick from whatever is left for free!
PLEASE CONTACT US ABOUT VOLUNTEERING! Email us at email@example.com or call us at 703-3018.
Want more information on the sale? Keep reading...
This year, the sale will include:
- Old magazines from the 1940's to present (new to the sale)
- Local history titles on Winston-Salem and NC (new to the sale)
- Fiction & Biographies
- Popular Paperbacks
- Children's Books
- Videos and CDs
Other sale dates and times:
Friday, May 30, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday, May 31, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
BAG SALE from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm