Hello Hello

Friday, April 11, 2008

Purebred faux topiary


Seeing this reminded me that I need to make an appointment to get the dogs bathed and groomed. Once upon a time I waited too long and then got frustrated and just wanted them done TODAY, and the only place that could take them TODAY, well, I ended up writing this afterward.

My three dogs, all Germalian Shepherds, went to be groomed. The lady kept talking about using a number 7 this or a number 5 that. I had no idea what she meant and finally left, saying, "Just make them look pretty." At least, I'm fairly certain that's what I said. What she heard, however, was "Make them into goats." Each of the dogs was very nearly shaved, with all fringe around the faces and legs removed, but the tails were shaved for an inch then left intact, looking much like large feather dusters. If only the dogs had shorter legs, they would be dead ringers for gigantic squirrels, but as it is, they resemble goats. Barking goats.

not for the faint of heart
Post a Comment