Hello Hello

Monday, April 28, 2008

My official endorsement

Friends, these are difficult times we live in. Our housing valuations are down, and our grocery bills are up. We're in a severe drought, and our basements are flooded.

I've given it a lot of thought. I've weighed the issues. I've considered the alternatives. I have listened to my heart, and I have weighed with my brain. I have also consulted the tendons on the backs of my ankles. And I have come to the only loving, logical, tendon-friendly conclusion.

The new, black, metal shopping carts that debuted today at the Teeter are the best carts for the job in '08.

No more noisy plastic wheels! No more child seat flap thing that refuses to stay down while you try to maneuver a child into the cart! No more inopportune, ankle-height bar to attack you as you look over seemingly endless shelves for the one cereal your child wants while said child rams you with the cart because he just can't steer the behemoth cart properly!

No more, I say, no more! The tide has turned, the sea has been parted, and my groceries are being led to the Promised Land!

Er, anyway, I didn't take a picture, but if you pop by Harris Teeter on Peace Haven @ Robinhood, you'll see which carts I'm endorsing.
---
edit, 9:30ish: What luck! I had a Tab emergency.

Post a Comment