Hello Hello

Monday, March 31, 2008

This Wednesday

At the WFU Museum of Anthropology:

Dr. Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, will present “Intercultural Weddings: Communicating Cultural Identities through Ritual.” Co-sponsored by the Communication Department.
Free admission. 7:30 p.m.

This ties in nicely (badum-bum) with the current exhibit, "Ties that Bind: Wedding Customs from around the World", which I happily had a chance to walk through when the oldest and I went to the Mexican Tin Art activity. Wedding rituals and clothing are fascinating.

My own wedding was what I would call "low-key traditional" (church, white dress, veil), but somewhat old-fashioned in that I didn't turn into The Bride Who Shall Not Be Defied, which seems to be the latest phenomenon.
Post a Comment