Hello Hello

Friday, March 21, 2008

Paas

"This is the same egg dye kit we used when I was a kid, you know."

"Exactly the same?" the oldest asks hopefully.

"Almost. We didn't have stickers. We had these little decals you rubbed onto the eggs with a stick. Like egg tattoos."

"Cool!"

"OK, here comes what was my favorite part: dropping the tablets in the vinegar. What color does this one look like it's going to make?"

"Blue!"

"OK, drop it in."

"Whoa! It made green!"

"I want a turn," the youngest pipes up. "I want to make purple."

"So pick one you think might be the one that makes purple." I hold my breath as he picks up a tablet I am certain makes orange, possibly red, certainly not purple.

"Look, Mommy, I did it!" he chirps happily, and I stand for a minute, dazed, watching as the little bubbles rise up victoriously purple indeed.

Post a Comment