Hello Hello

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hop, Hop, Hop


Lenny the Lifeguard says, HOP TO IT! PROTECT OUR WATER!


Last night was the oldest's school's Spirit Night at Chick Fil-A. On the way out the children picked up coloring sheets, courtesy of the Piedmont Triad Water Quality Partnership, which is "a collaboration of fifteen local governments in the Piedmont Triad Region of North Carolina, working together to educate residents about stormwater and water quality issues; including non-point source pollution, regulations, and best management practices."

Our tap water is quite good here, at least in my experience. When I was growing up, bottled water hadn't yet come into vogue, so tap water it was if I said I was thirsty. DC's water sometimes had a distinctly biting smell and an overtaste to it, which was terrifying. Thankfully, my mother was part of the old school of parenting that held that children drank a tall glass of milk at every meal, so I simply tried not to parch out in between meals.

Mind you, though, I had no problems drinking that water out of the hose if allowed (never by my mother, often by my father).
Post a Comment