Hello Hello

Monday, March 10, 2008

Easter Eeks

Daisy a Day Florists, Silas Creek Parkway

I loved the Tooth Fairy. Santa Claus was a dear friend. But the Easter Bunny was evil incarnate, as far as I was concerned, and remains so to this day.

Every year, my mother would take me to at least one Easter event with a well-meaning adult costumed as this pastel demon. As soon as I caught sight of the beast, I'd shriek and try desperately to climb my mother like a tree. My brain could not make sense of hanging out with a rabbit that walked upright, that wore clothes, that had teeth the size of playing cards. I frankly thought a better plan was to run like hell and hope it went after someone else.

And so when I make the boys' Easter baskets, I emphasize that they are from me. Me, children, not some creepy bunny who I suspect could switch from carrots to human flesh in the blink of an eye.

-----

PET PHOTOS WITH THE EASTER BUNNY
SUNDAY, MARCH 16TH FROM 7-9PM
Hanes Mall

All pets must be in a carrier or on a leash.
Please use only the TGI Friday’s Entrance.
Post a Comment