Hello Hello

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Comfort Food

From beside the oldest where he drowses in bed, I hear the youngest's piano playing come to an end, then silence. I find him sitting on the piano bench, eyes downcast.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"I missed my art class. And he won't play with me." His chin is almost part of his chest.

"Oh, sugar, I know. But your brother is really sick. I promise you you are his absolutely favorite person in the world, but right now he doesn't feel like doing anything."

"Are we still going out to lunch?"

"Honey, we can't leave your brother all alone. I tell you what. Anything you want for lunch, I will try my best to make."

The youngest tilts his head to one side, considering this offer.

"Biscuits."

"Biscuits?"

He nods.

I'd love to say these are homemade, but they're not. They're these frozen biscuits by Pillsbury, and they rock.
Post a Comment