We were going to go away this weekend, though we were waiting until the very last minute to decide to where exactly. Then came yesterday's "wintry mix", bringing acute disappointment.
And now come whispers of more snow, real snow, tomorrow afternoon. Weather.com is calling for
Rain and snow in the morning turning to all snow in the afternoon. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected.
And so we decided we can't possibly leave if it means missing snow. But then the oldest asked what if it doesn't come here or if somehow it's "wintry mix" again only. Therefore we have decided to track the snow, to go to it if need be. When we find it, we'll break into its house and rearrange all its cans so the labels are aligned, then straighten all the towels in the guest bathroom. Fear us, snow! Fear us!*
EDIT: 10:34 am. Am I reading this WSFCS calendar right that the makeup day for yesterday will be June 9th?
* The three sentences prior reference Sleeping with the Enemy**, a movie.
** Which was similar to the movie we saw yesterday in terms of stinkiness.