Hello Hello

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lowe's Foods, Reynolda Manor Shopping Center

Groceries are odd places. I already knew that people blocking aisles sent shoppers into a lather. (For that reason some I know avoid the local Teeter on Thursdays, Senior Citizens' Discount Day, because they simply cannot shop around the vast number of slower shoppers. Personally, I dig watching little, old ladies take free balloons on the way out.)

What I didn't know was that one fire truck parked outside the front door of a grocery could cause sheer mayhem. Sincerely, multiple drivers acted like there were no other options but to drive that particular way BUT OH NO NOW I AM BLOCKED, looking about helplessly, throwing their hands up off the wheel in gestures of exasperation, seemingly incapable of, say, Going Another Way. One woman pushing a shopping cart stood and waited a few minutes, I guess for the fire truck to move, before pointedly stomping around it, throwing looks over her shoulder at the lone firefighter left in the truck.

So odd. So, so odd.
Post a Comment