Hello Hello

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

An Apology and Explanation to Readers

I have received emails from three longtime readers who felt "betrayed" that I prewrote blog posts which Esbette then published on my behalf while I was away on vacation with my family. To those readers and any others who felt similarly, I can only apologize.

Please know that I gave long thought to how to handle my blog absence. My main concern was the seemingly regularly scheduled break-ins* that occur in our neighborhood and the surrounding ones every Christmas and every summer. Announcing on the web an impending absence of the whole family seemed foolhardy at best, even with housesitters.

I do believe I made the right decision for the circumstances. That said, my intent was not to hurt any reader's good feelings, and I am sorry that my decision did so.

*regarding said break-ins:

Mayor Allen Joines and West Ward Council Member Robert Clark will hold a “Talk of the Town” meeting Thursday, Jan. 10, in the Building B dining room of Calvary Baptist Church, 5000 Country Club Road.

They’ll discuss what’s going on in city government and issues important to the West Ward, including sidewalks on Kirklees Road, break-ins in the Buena Vista and Country Club neighborhoods, and the missing section of the Muddy Creek greenway. The meeting will start at 7 p.m.

source

Post a Comment