Check it OUT!
The National Weather Service will present a Severe Thunderstorm and Winter Weather Spotter training workshop. The following topics will be covered:
- Thunderstorm development and severity
- Recognition of storm/cloud elements
- Anticipating storm motion, intensity, and severity based on cloud structure
- Typical winter weather patterns resulting in snow and ice storms
- Local challenges of forecasting snow, ice and impacts
- Review past winter weather events in Central North Carolina