Hello Hello

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Shop Local this holiday season

When I travel, I adore visiting boutiques for the simple reason that they are one-of-a-kind. You won't see a replica in every shopping mall in America. They feel like treasure hunts, more intimate somehow. Local stores feel the same way to me, like I have found some gem that my friends in Washington don't have.

To the left you will see a list of local stores. These are the shops that keep this city from turning into Big Box after Big Box after Large Chain after Large Chain, that differentiate our fine county from all others in the country.

There are some stores missing, you will note. A good number do not have websites that I could find. (Note to local website designers: Wow, what a huge market.) Many do have websites but simply didn't occur to me.

Tell me which ones fall into the latter category. And please visit some of these local gems during this month of shopping.
Post a Comment