Hello Hello

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oh, Barbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChD9K-5QKI

Free of Toys Made-in-China Christmas grows closer in our house. It's taken more effort, but I am very pleased with the presents the boys are getting.

Regarding that video, I haven't done enough research to decide where I personally stand on Nancy Nord. If pressed to name a change I'd like to see right now, I'd point to a desire for legislation requiring online and catalog retailers to list all products' Country of Origin in the description. It's required of manufacturers to have such on the packaging of any toy/product not made in the USA, but that does no good when one can't see the packaging, and it's almost impossible to actually reach a human at Amazon.

I believe in deliberate consumerism, but it's hard to buy thoughtfully when one doesn't have ready access to all the necessary information.
Post a Comment