Hello Hello

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fluff Market

Surprisingly, the opening of the new Fresh Market has not had a beneficial effect on my weight. I know. I was stunned, too.

Thankfully, EatSmartMoveMore has launched sign-ups for their Holiday Challenge ("Maintain, Don't Gain"). This seems to fly completely in the face of my Fresh Market diet, but perhaps I can make it work. As my dear friend A. so astutely pointed out, "It's FRESH Market, not FAT Market." As I was about to jump through the phone and begin beating her about the face, I realized she had a point.

Anyway, the challenge runs from November 19th through December 31st, which means I have 12 more days to embrace and adopt the "Fresh, Not Fat" philosophy before the barrage of weekly newsletters, recipes, downloadable tools, and drawings for prize packs.

Even if I don't actually lose any weight until after the hols, at least I won't feel too wretched about it. A kinder, gentler program, the materials say things like, "The holidays are a busy time - don't feel bad if you can't set aside 30 minutes for activity every day."
Post a Comment