Hello Hello

Friday, November 30, 2007

Barkbarkbarkbark

I've been listening to someone's dog barking for the last two hours now. I'm not sure where the dog quite is, but listening from my backyard, it sounds like he's on the street behind us, maybe two houses or so down.

The thing is, this is not a neighborhood where dogs bark for two hours, so my first thought is that something is wrong. If it's the dog at the house I think it may be, something is definitely wrong, because those people are like uber-owners who walk their elderly chow many times a day, even in inclement weather, and they would never leave him outside alone in the dark. Ever.

My second thought is that it's getting awfully cold tonight, and that if it's a short-haired dog, it could freeze to death. I'm trying to tell what breed it is from the bark, but hahaha, I have very little training in this area. It doesn't sound like a hound, and it doesn't sound like a miniature breed, and that's about as far as I can take it.

My third thought is Oh no, everyone's going to think that is one of mine. Because although mine never bark without reason, if someone walks past our house and their feet touch our lawn, as is often the case since there are no sidewalks, all three of my dogs go at it and good until said person is completely out of sight, even Pinochet whose bark ridiculously sounds like the honk of a goose. So I am sure every person who has ever walked past and now hears this dog barking assumes it has to be one of mine.

For two hours now, the poor pooch has been barking every five seconds or so. No other dog is even outside, answering and egging him on.
Post a Comment