Hello Hello

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Last Churro Standing

Seconds after the above photo was taken, I snarfed that last churro.


Example #292 of my having married wisely: my husband can make churros - real ones - from scratch. And holy, are they good.

I'm sorry to say that the only fresh ones I've seen here in Winston, to wit those offered by Krispy Kreme and Costco, aren't terribly authentic. And having been spoiled in multiple Spanish-speaking countries, I guess I am a churro snob.

The perfect churro snob accompaniment to churros, carried by Lowe's on Robinhood but not by the nearby Teeter: Nestle Abuelita

(If anyone knows of a local, genuine churreria, for those unfortunate times when my immediate churro needs are thwarted by my husband's work schedule, please let me know.)
Post a Comment