Hello Hello

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

2/3 of the way down my driveway

...festering under this morning's Journal, I found this,


this massive clump of rotting, black-stalked mushrooms, which I swear on a stack of Bibles were not there yesterday morning. It's hard to make out the fine mist of various, scary insects feasting in this photo, but, oh, yes, they were there.

Also affected by the recent spate of nightly rainstorms is my front walkway, which has a fine, green patina that will require some sort of remediation, as it's quite perilous when wet now.

(This somewhat reminds me of a Ray Bradbury short story I read a long time ago about a planet full of rain, where men were looking for a Sun Dome, or some such, in which to take refuge. When one man died (purposefully? I can't recall), plants began almost immediately to grow over him.)
Post a Comment