Hello Hello

Sunday, May 06, 2007

I need names


1. A local piano tuner. One who will tune my ancient Wurlitzer spinnet to the best possible... tunage? One who won't tell me what I really want is a new piano, and coincidentally, he sometimes works at Bob's Big Music Barn, where they coincidentally happen to sell them.

2. Men. Men recommendations, I mean. Wait. OK, the oldest is very into biographies right now, but the only ones I remember reading at his age were "girl" ones: Harriet Tubman, Helen Keller, Dolly Madison, etc. And I do remember this age; it's important to him, as it was to me, to read the right gender. So I gave him Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett, and I'm looking for a really good Thomas Edison, and the man at the library reminded me about Benjamin Franklin's inventor-hood. But the oldest isn't into athletes unless their lives are compelling for other reasons, and I am all out of men ideas. So I need names of men whose lives were interesting. They needn't have ended up crazy famous, though I'm finding biographies of the crazy famous are easier to find.
Post a Comment