Hello Hello

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Curse the conspiring Fates

1. I am having severe childcare issues for this evening. As in REALLY severe. As in there's a 99% probability I won't be able to play in my beloved Scrabble fundraiser for the YMCA Literacy Initiative. I've looked forward to it for AGES. I'm almost in mourning because of this.

2. Brace yourselves. There appears to be - sob - poison oak - sob - growing in my... my... muscadines. TOTALLY living it up deep within my bumper crop. And even if I try to put Round Up only on the poison oak, with my luck it will dribble into the soil from whence my muscadines draw nourishment, rendering my Boovine deadly. Or at least maimy.

I'm sitting here shaking my fist at the heavens and wondering when the third leg of the Trifecta of Doom will kick me*.

*Bad things come in threes. My mother taught me that.
Post a Comment